Skip to main content

I grew up around singing and acting — Gabriel Afolayan


For most of his fans, he’s just an actor. But for many others, he’s a multi talented artiste who grew up amid acting and singing.
The actor cum singer, who recently featured as Prince Adetiba in “King Invincible”, described 2017 as the year his career will flourish, as he plans to release his movies in the first quarter of the year in addition to dropping his first album before the second quarter of the year.


•Gabriel Afolayan

According to the award-winning actor, “I played the role of Prince Adetiba in a movie, “King Invincible”, and from the name you can say what it means for someone to be a prince and there was a prophecy that another prince that would emerge to take over his position. So, this is the first time I played the VN character in a cinema movie, it gives me so much joy.

I have been up to a whole lot of things towards the end of last year. I have been shooting movies, doing both street and cinema movies. I have been recording a lot of songs and hopefully before the second quarter of this year, I will release my album. We are doing a pre-production work on my album.

It has not been easy combining acting and singing at the same time. And it will be so terrible if I shy away from them. I feel it within my soul to do music. It’s not because I was forced or pushed to do it or maybe because acting was not paying off, but I just feel it within myself to do music. I love music. I grew up around both so it will be difficult to say which one is my first love,” Afolayan muted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

laurika rauch and die heuwels fantasties to make their cape city debut

whilst laurika rauch asked die heuwels fantasties in july 2016 whether or not she can document their hit-music klein tambotieboomfor her new album (die reis, oct 2016), the band become over the moon.  pierre greeff from dhf says: "it turned into splendid news.  we're big laurika fans. she additionally asked us to do the backing vocals on her version of the track and we very well enjoyed running with her on it. her interpretation of the music could be very unique.  we adore it!" laurika rauch feels the identical about die heuwels fantasties: "i used to be partial to dhf's track from the start, however once I first heard klein tambotieboom, i knew, like many others, that that is a tune in order to move an extended manner.  with most of dhf's songs, i generally must listen to recognize what it is that they need to say with a song, but it does no longer remember if i get it the first time spherical or now not; they've uncanny capacity to talk with ...

All that you have to think about MTV Base VJ Search

THOMAS GUMEDE After a month-long nationwide search of MTV Base VJ Search the channel has wrapped its competition after screening over 8000 auditions in four cities and through their digital platforms. Now some of the best and hilarious auditions will be broadcast on MTV Base (DStv channel 322) beginning on Wednesday, 19 July 2017 at 21:00 CAT. See bloopers from behind-the-scenes of the show here:  Follow Breezer South Africa   @breezerza Enjoyed  # breezersa   @ MTVBaseSouth  Auditions? You'll love this!  BLOOPERS from  # MTVBASEVJSearch  with @ PearlModiadie  &  @ JuniorDeRocka     8:27 AM - 15 Jul 2017     1 1 Retweet     likes Twitter Ads info and privacy The Judges: This Wednesday, watch the first two regional legs of auditions from Johannesburg and Durban as VJ hopefuls face the show’s panel of judges Luthando “Lootlove” Sh...

Charly Boy Reacts To Army Invasion Of Nnamdi Kanu's Home In Umuahia

Popular socialite and convener of the 'Ourmumudondo' movement, Charlyboy Oputa has reacted to the alleged invasion of the home of the leader of the Indigenous people of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu in Umuahia, Abia state. Charlyboy, in a statement made available to PoliticsNGR, advised the federal government to be more committed to dousing the rising tensions and fostering peace and unity. The statement read; "Our attention has been drawn to the recent detachment of soldiers from the Nigerian Army to the Afaraukwu country home of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, and the invasion of Abia State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists on Aba Road, Umuahia, which led to the destruction of laptops and other valuables thereby causing unnecessary panic within the state and the entire region. We consider this move an aberration that must be strongly condemned in a democratic environment like ours. The good people of Abia State deserve better th...